- Preparing for Surgery
Preparing for Surgery
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT unless your physician instructs you differently.
- Notify your doctor if you develop any sign of illness such as a cold or infection before the date of your procedure.
- Consent for your procedure must be signed before any medication can be given.
- A responsible adult, licensed to operate a motor vehicle, must accompany all Surgical Guests to the facility and be present when the Surgical Guest is ready to leave. Plan on staying 1-2 hours after your surgery.
- We suggest only one or two persons accompany guests to Kissimmee Surgery Center. We allow only two adults per patient and no children under 16 years in our Recovery areas.
- Female Surgical Guests should not wear make-up or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Your physician may require specific preoperative studies to be performed. These studies should be completed prior to the day of surgery.